1. From the Start menu, click Settings, and choose Dial-Up Networking.
2. Double-click the Make New Connection icon.
3. In the Type a name for the computer you are dialing field, type michusa dialup. Click the down arrow on the Select a device drop-down list and choose your modem. Click Next.
4. In the Area code field, type in your local area code.
In the Telephone number field, type your local michusa access number. A list can be found at: http://www.michusa.com/numbers.html.
Note: Remember to check with your local telephone company to make sure that the number you choose is a local toll-free call.
5. For the next screen, click the Finish button.
6. Click the michusa icon with your right mouse button, then choose Properties.
7. Click on the Networking tab. Click the down arrow on the Type of Dial-Up Server:
drop-down list and choose PPP: Internet, Windows 2000/NT, Windows Me.
Be sure that under Advanced options you have Enable software compression checked.
8. Click on the Security tab.
In the User name field, type in your username. (ex: email@example.com)
In the Password field, type your password. Leave the Domain: field blank as well as all the checkboxes below. Click the OK button.
9. You should still have the Dialup Networking window open. Click the michusa icon with your right mouse button, and then choose Create Shortcut.
10. Windows will tell you that it cannot create a shortcut here. Click yes to add the shortcut to your desktop. michusa dialup access is now set up!